The Inland Valley Interfaith Network is inviting our local communities (La Verne, Pomona, Upland, Claremont, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga) to participate in the Global Unity Games: Tomorrow Together, Sept 11-21. The Games are part of an international movement to bring compassion to our communities (see the Charter for Compassion at www.charterforcompassion.org).
The Global Unity Games in September is an 11-day challenge to bring about unprecedented unity in communities around the world through compassionate action and service. By infusing the power of playfulness and compassion with the fun of friendly “coopetition,” the Games offer a unique way to strive together to serve each other, our own personal well-being, and the Earth.
There are many ways that individuals and teams can play, from organizing creative service projects to performing intentional acts of compassion to promote peace, unity, and dignity in our communities.
You are invited to report your compassionate activities on the Compassion Report Map (see instructions below).
We have registered the broader Inland Valley as a “team” on the Global Unity Games website. When players report compassionate acts, please use the team name “Compassionate Inland Valley” so that our efforts are reported collectively. The reports are reflected on the Global Unity Games Scoreboard. For more information about the Compassion Games as well as ideas for compassionate action, please go to the following website: http://compassiongames.org
During the Global Unity Games (Sept. 11-21, 2016), whenever an individual or group completes an Intentional Act of Compassion, please use these instructions to record the event on the “Compassion Report Map.” We will all use the Team Name “Compassionate Inland Valley” since we are all on the same team!
- Go to the following website: http://compassiongames.org/
- Along the top of the homepage, click on “Report”
- To enter the report map for the Global Unity Games, click on “Sign in as Guest” or sign-in by using a social media account like Facebook or Twitter
- You will be given the option to Add a New Report – click on that
- A form called “Create your Report” will appear. Fill out the information on the form. Be sure to use “Compassionate Inland Valley” as your team name
- After completing the form, accept the terms and conditions by checking the box and click on “Save”
- Your report will be recorded on the Compassion Map and can be accessed by clicking on the world map